CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 250 million people visiting its properties each month, it is a top 10 Web property globally and a top 5 Web property in the U.S. in terms of unique video viewers. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
• Responsible for the technical development, debugging, and delivery of best- in-class mobile applications.
• Ability to work across a wide range of projects, each with specific functional and feature requirements.
• Collaborate closely with product managers, user interface designers, platform engineers, and multiple groups across CBS to define and implement product features.
• Build high-level user interfaces using rapid prototyping methodologies.
• Design application frameworks for use across the multiple products.
• Work with internal technical teams to identify and build platform elements required to support key mobile product features.
• Create Technical Requirements Documentation based on Product Requirement Documents.
• Implement upgrades, rebuilds and additional porting of applications.
• Juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results- oriented environment.
• Results- driven, able and willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Evaluate opportunities to bring new product features and content to mobile users from a technical perspective.
• Build strong working relationships with coworkers, customers (internal and external), and company management.
• Thorough knowledge of the iOS programming environment.
• Thorough knowledge of multi-threading in an app environment.
• Acted as a key contributor to at least one publicly released native iPhone application.
• Background supporting the integration of rich media assets, including video, into mobile properties.
• Experience integrating ad serving products and analytics/reporting tools into mobile properties.
• Sound programming fundamentals: experience working with memory management, thread synchronization, and event based programming issues; utilization of sound engineering principles in writing code.
• Strong C/Objective-C, C++ and/or Java programming skills required.
• Knowledge of PHP, MySQL preferred.
• Experience creating, optimizing, and integrating Application Programming Interface (API) calls; background in API development preferred.
• Ability to work in a cross- functional team alongside other developers contributing to the same code base library.
• Experience working with both Agile and Waterfall development processes.
• Very strong interpersonal skills; must be able to demonstrate an
• ability to work well with other non- technical members of the development team.
• Minimum 2 years of mobile software development experience; concentration in mobile application development technology strongly preferred.
• Experience with evaluating and assuming responsibility for code written by third parties preferred.
• Experience developing iPad application interfaces highly preferred.
• Background RIM, Silverlight or WebOS platforms a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to build intuitive user interfaces for mobile applications.
• Experience working with entertainment, games, news, or sports-related properties preferred.
• Must successfully pass a background check.