SOURCE INTERLINK MEDIA (SIM), the premier source of special interest media in the United States, is looking for a full-time, regular Ad Operations Coordinator for our Irvine, CA office.
SIM is the largest provider of content to enthusiast communities interested in consumer and performance automotive, action sports, home technology, and other niche activitites. Some of our brands include: Motor Trend, IntelliChoice, Hot Rod, Baseball America, Skateboarder, Powder, Surfer, Bound by Ink, and Geek.
I. Job Summary and Responsibilities (Listed in order of importance):
- Maintains daily contact with sales assistants and/or reps, clients, advertising agencies to follow up on material, paperwork (signed authorizations or insertion orders), and Credit department to ensure credit worthiness or prepayment assurance.
- Order entry in MSG for special units and special billing orders.
- Reviews advertising space reservations, insertion orders through Breeze and MSG by confirming the accuracy of Agency/Bill-to and advertiser address matches signed Insertion Order rates, discounts, dates and ad sizes, coloration, while verifying material identification numbers, headlines and positioning requirements and checking for legal disclaimers. Follows through on incomplete information, exceptions and discrepancies with the appropriate parties.
- Determines acceptability printing materials. Inspects the quality of materials to be run to ensure that materials meet SIM requirements and specifications. Follows up to obtain corrected ad materials. Ensures that correct ads are run by confirming that materials (material identification number and/or headline plus any key codes) match the information indicated on insertion orders.
- Provides Editorial Operations personnel with all advertisement information, including advertising space count by issue, positioning requirements, coupon location, competitive spacing and special inks on a daily basis for use in dummying magazine issues.
- Advises the salesforce and agencies of mechanical specifications and production deadlines. Authorizes material extensions for late ads (in conjunction with Editorial Operations). Follows up on late ads as necessary to meet deadlines and avoid additional charges.
- Via Breeze, keep Editorial Operations personnel, applicable sales staff (reps and assistants of affected ads/insertions) and publishers, updated on specific elements missing to finalize and authorize running of ads: 1). Signed IOs, 2) material, and 3) creditworthiness.
- Traffics all new ad material through Breeze to ad prepress/ad production for flight-check and file verification. Obtains all proofs as required (content proof required for all ads) or signed waiver from client for contract quality color reproduction proof. Obtains client approval and records the applicable production charges.
- Sends ad tracking/proof report and other applicable documentation or reports to prepress.
- Uploads full-page ads to Mistral.
- Resolves advertisement problems, including “ad holes,” prior to press deadlines. Advise Editorial Operations personnel regarding problems, extensions or copy changes. Ensures 3 elements are satisfied before book goes to press or pulls those ads not meeting any of the 3 requirements: 1) signed IO, 2) material, 3) creditworthiness.
- Proofreads bluelines in order to confirm that all ads are inserted correctly or canceled. Checks for ad reproduction, proof of copy changes, cigarette warnings and other requirements. Check headlines, size, shape, positioning to ensure correct material is running based on insertion order.
- Assures all signed IOs and contracts are attached in Breeze for billing.
III. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in printing, publishing, accounting or manufacturing preferred but not required.
IV. Physical Requirements:
- Computer Proficiency– MS Office applications
- Experience with ad management software
- Excellent trouble shooting, analytical and organizational skills
- Must be a team player and have excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
V. Equipment/ Software Used:
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
VI. Work Environment:
- CNI - Breeze/Ad Portal software
- MSG Ad Manager/Sales Prospector
- MS Office
- Database software
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned