Requisition ID 25152
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Communications. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for seventeen iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, TLC, HGTV, Investigation Discovery, Food Network and Animal Planet.
We are a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we’re building on the Discovery legacy by using technology to evolve the viewing experience… telling better, more engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the digital business. As the Content QA Specialist, you will play a key role in the evolution and success of the streaming video business. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a dynamic, passionate and incredibly talented team. With your action oriented, creative and detail-oriented skills you will be on the front lines of ensuring a quality viewer experience to our customers. The hours for this position are from 4pm-12am Thursday though Monday to ensure a positive viewer experience during prime time.
1. Evolve and maintain system for tracking asset and event activations on TV Everywhere products
2. Track asset and event activations, including development of on-time scorecard
3. Track schedules to confirm episodes land correctly and on time in the CMS
4. Troubleshoot publishing errors
5. Responsible for auditing our experiences for content volume
6. Create promotional show and video records in enterprise database
7. Work with Ops to correct and redeliver files in error
8. Assist with publishing episodes using web-based CMS in a deadline driven environment
9. Audit and correct episodic metadata and images
10. Develop and distribute documentation to be shared with internal departments
11. Track competitors in the TVE ecosystem
• Bachelor’s degree in Digital or New Media, Journalism, Communication or related field
• 5+ years experience in online/interactive media or equivalent
• Proficiency with MS Office suite and online content management and publishing systems
• Proven track record troubleshooting, remedying and/or escalating issues in an organized, process driven manner
• Video programming experience a plus
• Ability to work nights and weekends
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States