Serves as a hands-on member of the Media and Development Engineering team, supporting the development and deployment of network system architectures, as well as IT based infrastructure systems for key broadcast systems within the Sirius XM infrastructure platform. Design, configure and deploy production network infrastructures which will support the creation and broadcast of all of the company's content for both the satellite and Internet based products. Provide and implement network security best practices using a combination of technologies such as VPNs/encryption, firewalls, secure proxies, IDS/IPS and secure network design methodology. Provide tier 3 support for all broadcast, satellite uplink and Internet networks. Be an integral team leader and engineering/technical resource on enterprise-wide infrastructure projects. Provide tier 3 support for all broadcast, satellite uplink and Internet networks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with a more senior team member to design and implement network architectures to provide highly available network services.
• Configure routers/switches, firewalls, VPNs, application load balancers, secure proxies, quality of service designs and multicast audio over IP networks
• Produce required documentation prior to system hand off to stakeholders
• Translate technical requirements into functional designs and engineering solutions for existing and developmental workflow
• Design, install and deliver complex systems within time deadlines
• Studies network and infrastructure design, customer requirements, performance standards, then determines project specifications.
• Conducts tests assuring safe and satisfactory product performance
• Writes and maintains technical documentation in reference to equipment installation and operation. Microsoft Project and Visio experience preferred.
• Lead multiple projects in various phases of development and attend related vendor meetings to track development path
• Provide final escalation support and guidance to operations team
• BS in EE, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
• Five (5) years of experience as a planning, design, implementation and technical support of multi-vendor, multi-platform enterprise networks ideally in a broadcast field or similar 24/7 customer facing enterprise.
• 2 years- experience providing layered security through the use of firewalls, VPNs, encryption, IDS/IPS and secure proxies
• 2 years- experience with multicast -- dense, sparse and source specific
• Thorough knowledge of LAN and WAN networks & the OSI Model
• Demonstrated experience with systems documentation and operational procedures
• Demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams and stakeholders
• This position requires the use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As required by ITAR, to perform this position you must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Requirements and General Skills:
• IP networking certification required. (CCNA/CCDA/CCIE/JNCIA/JNCIE/ACE-A)
• Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
• Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction.
• Availability to travel for assignments at remote company locations.
• Good public speaking and presentation skills.
• Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to pay attention to details and to be organized.
• Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Commitment to "internal clients" and customer service principles.
• Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
• Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
• Creative writing ability.
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Expert knowledge of the following protocols and technologies: IP routing protocols, router redundancy protocols including HSRP/VRRP/MLAG, Ethernet protocols including spanning tree, rapid spanning tree 802.1W, access control, network address translation, quality of service and policy based routing
• Expert knowledge with firewalls/ACL/encryption/VPN technology - Cisco ASA/Firepower and associated protocols (IPSEC/GRE) and secure proxy functions
• Demonstrated experience with application and load balancing products and technologies (F5 knowledge is preferred)
• Demonstrated experience delivering solutions in a multi-vendor network architecture
• Demonstrated experience provisioning and troubleshooting Ethernet, MPLS and other WAN technologies
• Fully versed in common Internet services such as DNS, SSL, HTTP, etc.
• SNMP, NTP, TACACS/RADIUS, Syslog and other critical network management/administration protocols.
• Demonstrated experience with the following:
• Audio over IP transmission
• Familiarity with signal flow within in broadcast/IT facility
• Familiarity with HVAC, Electrical, Mechanical, and data center systems
• Expertise in server virtualization, automation and orchestration.
• Understanding of SDN technologies and implementation,
• Demonstrated understanding of storage concepts & experience with Network Storage.
• Demonstrated understanding of routing logic, signal flow and various systems of the signal path.
• Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).