HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
The Director of Direct to Consumer Operations will be responsible for leading, driving and optimizing promotions management, editorial/marketing and business operations across WarnerMedia's direct to consumer platform.
• You will have a deep understanding of the video streaming industry.
• In this role, you will collaborate and develop operational efficiencies across Marketing, Brand Marketing, Editorial, Content, Business Development, and Technology.
• You will work closely to deploy editorial content on dotcom and work with analytics to improve the customers experience and will work with internal and external partners to define and improve business processes to help drive our business objectives.
• 8+ years of experience in promotion management, editorial/marketing operations, product and operations or related experience at an entertainment media company
• 5 years of experience managing and leading cross-organizational creative teams
• Prior experience and success in setting strategic context and helping develop creatives
• Extensive experience in content editorial, preferably in streaming, across all devices and operating systems
• Knowledge of competitive landscape including SVOD and OTT services as well as deep knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS) and Editorial
• Detail oriented, organized, adept at prioritizing task, able to delegate appropriate responsibilities to editors and managers
• Actively engaged in strategic conversations with social insights and community perspectives
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated and accountable with executive-level presence
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities; candidate must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross functional teams' needs, reacting quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
• Has a natural passion for entertainment, a deep understanding of internet culture and a knack for spotting and steering great storytelling in the digital space.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands