HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) offering debuting in May 2020. With over 10,000 hours of curated premium content anticipated at launch, HBO Max will offer powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library, including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more.
Our DTC team is laying the foundation for HBO Max, and we need highly motivated, uniquely skilled, and technically agile experts across a variety of disciplines to accomplish things that have never been done before.
The Director position attends to the everyday planning, management, and administration of in-house and licensed shows. The position also supervises internal departmental staff to ensure content deliveries to all necessary departments within WarnerMedia including finished materials to Atlanta for broadcast. Alongside the VP Post Production, the Director will also help develop and implement new efficiencies for the Post department.
• Licensed/CoProductions: Assess and review budgets and schedules from studio partners and producers, ensuring they meet parameters and delivery specifications as determined by Company standards. Maintain regular communication and fields questions so the shows stay on schedule, on budget and within defined parameters.
• In-house: Generate budgets and schedules, manage Post staff on series, obtain vendor bids and collaborate on workflow. Maintain regular communication and field questions. Manage shows so they stay on schedule and on budget while maintaining Company standards.
• Manage internal staff in order to service content requests and needs of other departments. Help to maintain and update Post Production manuals alongside Sr. Director.
• Negotiate vendor bids and manage vendor relations in order to service our shows properly and on budget.
• Alongside VP Post Production and Sr. Director, help identify new trends and technologies that affect or influence delivery standards. Also help identify new business strategies and structures for the Post department to stay current with technology.
• At least 5 years freelance show experience working as a Post Producer
• Single-cam 1/2 hour and hour Scripted experience required
The Nice to Haves
• Corporate experience as a Director preferred, but not required.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands