Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is a leading worldwide publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all platforms, including console, handheld, mobile and PC-based gaming for both internal and third-party game titles. WB Games studios include Avalanche, Monolith Productions, NetherRealm Studios, Playdemic, Rocksteady Studios, TT Games, WB Games Boston, WB Games Montreal, WB Games New York, and WB Games San Francisco.
Posting Job Description
The Warner Bros. Analytics team (WBA) provides data analytics services that support Publishing and Game Development teams across the WB Games organization.
What part will you play?
We seek a Senior Big Data Engineer for the WB Analytics department. As players perform actions in-game, the platform collects telemetry in real-time. The data collected is used to provide insights for guiding game development, marketing, and monetization.
The Senior Big Data Engineer is a key contributor to the design and development of the analytics platform.
• Code development.
• Production support.
• Mentoring of junior team members.
• Architecture and design.
What do we require from you?
• Bachelors in computer science or closely related discipline.
• Minimum 3 years experience with a focus on big data.
• Experience in AWS (Amazon Cloud).
• Experience building data processing pipeline.
• Experience with any combination of Python, Java, Hadoop and Apache Spark.
• Other skills needed to perform the job (e.g. presentation skills, negotiation skills, etc.).
• Amazon Cloud.
• Deep understanding of the concepts involved with managing resources in AWS.
• Apache Spark.
• Able to lead new and complex projects having multiple dependencies from design phase all the way to production. This may involve facilitating across multiple teams.