We are the team building the cross-platform client framework that provides technologies and APIs to enable component reusability and consistent visual standards for components, styling, and layout composition across all HBO MAX clients. We are looking for an Engineer to help us to achieve our goals through investments in development patterns that accelerate and simplify cross-platform client development. We work with incredibly smart people and we have endless opportunities to learn and make a real difference and meaningful improvements to software development across many teams.
As a Staff Engineer 2 on WarnerMedia’s Client Framework team, you understand the trade-offs between complexity, speed of implementation, and you make smart decisions to provide the best developer experience for our application teams. We are responsible for client framework that is used by dozens of other development teams to create a unified view of customer experience for WarnerMedia’s streaming video applications across web, mobile, gaming consoles, and connected screens. By working on our team, you can say you built the very best streaming platform in the world!
• Improve client framework that provides the best developer experience for HBO MAX and other WarnerMedia products.
• Design and implement reusable client components with consistent cross-platform visual standards.
• Design easy to use, extensible, and performant client data service layer.
• Mentor more junior engineers to help them grow their careers.
• Possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
• Have 3+ years of experience in software development and a proven track record of releasing software
• Enjoy working in a team setting with engineers of varying degrees of experience
• Work across teams and disciplines to help gather requirements for ambiguous problems
• Design, implement, and deploy complex software features
• Seek solutions for automation of common development, test, and operations tasks
• Have a good understanding of design principles and best practices and how best to use them
• Be adaptable to suggestions and feedback.
• Improve your team’s software and practices, proactively identifying problems and proposing solutions.
The Nice to Haves
• We hire on potential and this particular experience is nice if you have it already:
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
• Familiar with web front-end development workflows
• Experience with GraphGL, Relay