Home to many of the most iconic performances of all time, Oracle Arena and RingCentral Coliseum are Northern California’s most legendary music and event venues. Since opening, the multi-purpose facilities have hosted a spectrum of concerts, sporting events and other major attractions totaling audiences of nearly 100 million. Located in Oakland, CA and managed by AEG Facilities, Oracle Arena and RingCentral Coliseum are home to the MLB’s Oakland Athletics and the NFL’s Oakland Raiders. The venues continue to host legendary acts and welcome countless sold out concerts, multiple-show runs and major music festivals.
• Responsible for the quality of the performance, conduct & effectiveness of the entire facility security team as a cohesive unit assigned to the site.
• Direct and monitor the performance of facility security officers.
• Perform inspections at the start of each shift to ensure the professional appearance of the entire facility security team assigned, and that each security guard is mentally and physically ready to perform the role up to the standards established.
• Manage the quality and accuracy of the all daily activity reports/logs and incident reports generated at the site by reviewing the information against security camera footage, then making amendments or adjustments if needed.
• Determine the threat level of any issue/incident and decide immediate plan of action and direct security team appropriately.
• Contact law enforcement partners to obtain relevant information on issues within the surrounding community to understand the impact on the stadium, and decide appropriate actions to be taken by security team.
• Communicate any relevant issues/threats to the Facility Security Manager and inform how the issues are being dealt with/handled, or actions taken.
• Responsible for staying informed and enforcing appropriate security protocols, procedures, and security protocols, procedures ad security measures.
• Attend security briefings (i.e. joint terrorism task force) and constantly review SOP for security department to ensure compliance.
• Adhere to and enforce the Security Department’s Prime Directives. Comply, implement and adhere to all legal & ethical instructions given by Security Management team.
• Maintain proper staffing levels and daily post rotations.
• Responsible for the security and proper control of the lost and found items turned into the Security Department at the assigned gate.
• Others duties as assigned.
• A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (BA/BS Degree Preferred).
• A minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience
• Ability to effectively manage crises and work under pressure without loss of composure; exhibit maturity by making sound judgments
• Must have a California Driver’s License
• Ability to accept responsibility for the performance & conduct of the entire facility security team assigned to the site
• Ability to exhibit leadership qualities, motivate staff & lead by example; maintain good business relations with all the employees & managers
• Ability to memorize, recollect and quickly retrieve relevant information.
• Ability to interact effectively and calmly with angry or emotional patrons and employees during intensely aggravated circumstances.
• Ability to lead and participate in departmental and company-wide meetings and trainings
• Ability to maintain patron, employee, and company confidentiality.
• Ability to supervise effectively, fairly & efficiently
• Must have a current California guard card, or be willing and able to obtain one prior to employment.