The Touring Coordinator is responsible for supporting the touring department operations by maintaining office systems, controlling department correspondence - the dissemination of tour information to all relevant departments, the maintenance of venue, artist and tour databases, conducting new and relevant research to update the databases as needed. The touring coordinator may also be assign various projects for the touring department including but not limited to the creation of potential tour designs, initial drafting of potential tour offers, coordinating the tour budget development, working on tour routing and execution of venue deals for tour.
• Maintains department services & efficiencies by organizing department operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; processing department supply requests; maintaining department contacts, scheduling meetings, planning and implementing department systems and equipment procurement including repair of machinery and equipment for employees on the road.
• Responsible for building the routing of each assigned tour. Creating a realistic schedule for production crew to follow. Reach out to venues to compare availability to artist availability and submit routing for approval to begin execution of necessary contracts.
• Review of ticket audits to ensure tour is on budget. Ensure that all production needs and requests are met to successfully execute stage, lighting, and sound vision of artist and management team.
• Assist with tour research, pull tour histories from internal booking system, and compile ticket price comparison and other similar research compilation comparisons as requested. Create presentations and operational reports for supervisor review and analysis.
• Liaison with potential partners, sponsors and co-promoters in an effort to maintain databases for tour contacts, venue expenses, rent deals, etc.
• May be responsible for assisting with show settlements on the road, assisting the ticketing department, and the recruiting and supervision of interns, executive expense reports, planning travel, and routing phone calls to appropriate party.
• May build financial models for Tour Manager and Tour Director to assess financial risk associated with each venue and the potential revenue of a proposed tour. Prepare potential scaling maps and projected budgets. Work with accounting department for budgeting, expense reports, and various department costs throughout the year with department heads.
• A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree Preferred in Accounting/Finance, Legal, Logistics, or related area)
• 2 years of related work experience
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) & Adobe Acrobat
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Detail orientated individual with commitment to advancing in the music industry
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to take direction and work as a team towards the execution of a large scale touring event
• Knowledge of accounting principles and previous experience in building financial models
• Able to work a flexible schedule which may include nights, weekends and holidays as tour permits
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Knowledgeable about the music industry
• Positive attitude with an ability to take initiative