Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group (WBHEG) brings together all of the Company’s businesses involved in delivering home entertainment content to consumers. This includes global distribution of packaged and digital media, and formats including DVD, Blu-ray, video-on-demand, cable, satellite, online, mobile, electronic sell-through and more.
Posting Job Description
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc. seeks a Sr. Manager- QC and Proofing for the Creative Services department.
• Develop and manage high-level and strategic quality control and proofing practices & workflows for WBHE digital and physical product and corresponding marketing materials.
• Manage the execution of packaging, menu, and advertising QC process with QC vendors ensuring all approvals, corrections, and rejections are properly communicated to stakeholders and updates are addressed and documented.
• Manage the WBHE QC and proofing processing of print, A/V, digital, and all media product components to ensure editorial standards and template compliance are followed. Ensure appropriate processes and routing procedures are adhered to for QC reporting and proofing communications to both internal teams and external vendors.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of legal and technical requirements to optimize creative design standards and avoid excess costs due to scrapping and/or rework of product.
• Implement global processes and systems encompassing domestic and international assets. Lend expertise to the Marketing Process Initiative and Technology teams to research and develop new workflows to streamline the QC Task Management process across WBHE and WBP teams.
• Develop and communicate technical specification and editorial guidelines to streamline the routing and approval flows of physical and digital projects and promotions. Act as primary contact with Legal teams to ensure any and all new domestic and international legal language restrictions and guidelines are implemented into product templates and specifications.
• Support the FILM, TV, and OA&F businesses to implement new product configurations and ensuring functional areas are aware of new or revised tech specs as required. Liaise with Marketing, Operations, and vendor contacts in facilitating the SAP Part Number and BOM creation process to assist in the streamlining of packaging product creation and production.
• Identify and develop “best practices” for worldwide QC and proofing processes and technology systems to ensure efficient, accurate workflows and deliveries to worldwide digital and physical clients as well as global WB affiliates and licensees. Serve as subject matter expert for WBHE editorial content requirements, legal lines, logo guidelines, etc.
What do we require from you?
• BA/BS required, plus art/editorial/copyediting experience.
• Macintosh skills: Microsoft Office 365 suite including cloud-based functions (Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, OneDrive, PowerPoint), Box and other file delivery and storage platforms.
• Cross platform skills: Basic understanding of consumer interfaces for digital and physical clients (Apple iTunes, Google Play, Amazon/Amazon Instant Video, Movies Anywhere, PlayStation, Walmart VUDU, etc.) across multiple platforms (Apple TV, Roku, mobile, desktop, etc.).
• 5+ years QC and proofing experience within a corporate structure. Solid editorial, copyediting, writing and proofing background. Experience working with diverse team members at multiple levels of corporate hierarchy to encourage working together towards shared goals outside their usual business units.
• Must have ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel within and without the company.
• Must be able to maintain timelines and projects with no supervision, paying close attention to detail (visual and procedural) while managing shifting priorities and deadlines.