WFAA is looking for a strong Content Editor, for a fast-paced hybrid position. Candidate knows their way around digital and the assignments desks. Candidate should know how to manage multiple information streams and what to do to turn them into shareable content. Candidate is a strong communicator and knows how to handle breaking news and trending stories in both logistics and execution on multiple platforms.
The right candidate can manage multiple crews and changing story-lines in a Major Market. Candidate can run an assignment desk, find and develop original and engaging content that drives social engagement on all of our platforms.
Organization is a must, Candidate will understand how to use social media platforms to gather and confirm news content as well as from email and phone tips. Candidate must have Good news judgement and understand when urgent action is needed for our newsroom and our platforms.
• Ability to work under time pressure deadlines; ability to multitask and prioritize multiple needs simultaneously.
• Monitor police and fire scanners and social media for content- react quickly to breaking news- informing content producers
• Social Media investigative skills, researching, creating, and publishing original content through Content Management Systems
• Planning ahead for social, digital and on-air coverage of events
• Looking for the next story and side stories from leading stories.
• Ability to identify potentially viral stories, how to gain digital editorial insight utilizing Google Analytics
• Ability to work with reporters, producers, photographers to develop assigned Stories
• Monitor regional and national digital TEGNA content, curating selected content for our audiences
• Know and utilize AP Style of Online writing, to post breaking digital news, send push alerts and assigning follow-ups as needed
• Must be able to work a flexible shift, including holidays, evenings, mornings, weekends and occasional overtime.
• We prefer a bachelor's degree in Journalism and Communication related fields
• 3-plus years of experience In broadcasting and Digital media
• Excellent writing and editing skills, research and story development, and Multitasking are a must