The Manager, Operations oversees arena change overs, conversions and operations. This role will assist with the planning and implementation of associated work tasks as well as supervise the full- and part-time staff to ensure proper completion.
• Oversee the conversion of the arena as it pertains to converting the arena from hockey to basketball to concert and any other configurations as needed.
• Oversee and coordinate the repair and maintenance of all facility equipment, including compressors, dasherboards, ice equipment, arena bowl seats, variable rise seating and retractable seats, along with any other operations equipment on an as needed basis.
• Develop and implement a storage plan for all excess and storable items which could include: excess seats, hockey goals, basketball floor, basketball goals, tools, machinery and other arena assets.
• Coordinate and oversee an ice resurfacer training program to maintain an adequate supply of back-up operators and to ensure staff obtain technical knowledge of the dasher and glass hockey system.
• Work cooperatively with the appropriate departments on construction, renovation and equipment changes and/or purchases.
• Ensure overall cleanliness of the inside and outside of the arena, equipment and mechanical areas. Assist with cleaning duties as needed.
• Assist in maintaining security and service of patrons and employees during all arena event.
Administrative (HR, Finance, Asset Management)
• Conduct hiring, performance evaluations, coaching and discipline for Conversion Staff. Schedule arena operations employees, both full-time and part-time hourly. Also, oversee daily, weekly and monthly projects.
• Collaborate with Event Services department to determine the in-house labor numbers to ensure adequate staffing for show needs during load-in, show, and load-out.
• Continuously review current building needs, budget items, equipment needs and maintenance and make recommendations to the Director of Event Services.
• Prepare a weekly schedule and report of facility operations for the Director of Event Services.
• Keep records on all maintenance and repairs to arena machinery and equipment. Work closely with the Manager, Facility Maintenance regarding the timeframe, needs and storage of all the warranty information, instruction manuals and vendor contacts.
• Assist in keeping accurate inventory of building tools, machinery and building equipment.
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education):
• A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) in a related field
• A minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience
• Previous experience managing multiple sites/locations
• Highly organized with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively both verbally and in writing
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook); and ability to learn required business systems
• General knowledge and experience in operational procedures, facility conversions, event related services
• Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, CAD prints, drawings, operations instructions and other related material
• Able to operate hand tools and lift up to 50lbs
• CAD certification a plus