A+E’s Technology team is deep-rooted in the heart of our business. We have great people and great technologies, and together we take on the toughest challenges. As innovators, we choose to iterate, pivot, and adapt quickly. We’ve reinvented the way A+E leverages technology to produce and sell world-class content. We’ve modernized our core solutions and embraced a cloud first approach. Perched on the virtues of our “Technology Code”, we make technology better, create solutions together, and most of all, we have fun with it. Our team members are motivated individuals who help each other do remarkable things every day. Together we deliver best-in-class solutions that transform the way A+E works. If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you!
THE ROLE: Sr. Business Analyst –Ad Sales Solutions
The Sr. Business Analyst for Digital Ad Sales Solutions will be primarily responsible for Digital Ad Sales Business Intelligence and reporting solutions for A+E Networks. This individual will be responsible for analysis and documentation of user reporting requirements, provide support and project management efforts to offer new solutions or enhancements related to the Digital reporting. The Sr. Business Analyst will work closely with the Ad Sales Revenue Management & Finance Groups as well as peers and management in IT to provide solutions to business challenges pertaining to Digital Ad Sales. He/She should be well-versed in the Digital Ad Sales in terms of data, process and systems.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Digital Ad Sales expert with deep expertise in Digital Ad sales data, systems and processes.
• Lead the design, building and testing of custom reporting solutions for Digital Ad Sales reporting
• Participate in enhancements of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions
• Review BI information architecture ensuring that designs are following industry and company best practices
• Ensure that BI standards, processes and standards are being followed
• Develops test schedules, reviews testing plans, tracks and document the development and results of these plans.
• Provides user documentation for the reporting solution. Creates curriculum and provide classes for user training.
• Ensures requirements are understood, agreed to and signed off at the appropriate early stages in a project.
• Stay abreast of and continuously increase knowledge of new technology and business solutions
• Formulate and define system scope and objectives for projects
• Provides overall direction and guidance to assigned project managers, reviews project requests, and coordinates activities.
• Prepares activity and progress reports regarding systems for regular status reporting, including but not limited to project & support work.
• Ensure that programs, initiatives & projects are delivered on-time. Manage risks appropriately & plan proactive mitigation
• Alerts manager to potential risks and issues of importance.
• Work closely with development team in system support of current reporting solutions.
• Ensure that repeat defects, break fixes are minimized & focus on analysis and provide recommendation for avoiding common issues.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You’ll have an opportunity to build transformational technology solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you’ll be able to seek out new technologies and implement them where they make sense. Finally, you’ll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Undergraduate degree
• 6+ years of IT Business Analysis with focus on Business Intelligence
• 1-2+ years of Project Management experience
• Experience with Digital Ad Sales Order Management Systems, such as, Operative.One, Fivia, etc.
• Experience with Ad Serving systems, such as, FreeWheel and Google Ad Manager.
• Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written), facilitation/organizational skills.
• Understanding of Business Intelligence Related Reporting Tools, Visualization, Analytics, Dashboards, KPIs, Scorecards, Modeling and Predictive Analysis through tools and technologies such as Microsoft Business Intelligence and Tableau.
• Ability to work effectively with cross-functional business and technical teams
• Demonstrated business acumen and the ability to apply technology solutions to solve business problems
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels
• Highest level of ownership, accountability & integrity
• Exhibits, models & promotes vision of the IT team
• Being able to question, evaluate and make decision on technology platform
• Experience with 3rd party vendor system like STAQ, Operative Compete is a plus
• Knowledge of SQL is a plus
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you’ve read this far, you’re likely a great fit for us…and maybe you’re fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we’d love to hear about it in your cover letter.