TEGNA is looking for a Sr. Program Manager, Technology to join our growing team!
Partner with the Finance, Sales and other business partners to review, analyze and evaluate their business and user needs. Based on the review sessions, identify, document and recommend process improvements or system enhancements where applicable; create project plans and drive through to delivery.
Develop and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with internal technology partners and work in concert with internal teams to achieve overall TEGNA business objectives through technology and best practices.
Develop and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with external technology and business partners to design and/or influence system improvements that impact TEGNA priorities.
The Senior Program Manager must have strong communication, documentation, and relationship development skills that will be utilized in the areas below:
• Determine operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, evaluating output requirements, and validating detailed functional specifications
• Collaborate with the business partners in clarifying, updating, and improving their business processes through the implementation of technology changes
• Ability to connect system functions and identify gaps for ongoing and upcoming projects
• Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements, forming project team, establishing project budget
• Manage project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions
• Ability to efficiently execute own work while effectively managing competing priorities
Technology and Media Knowledge Requirements and Preference:
• Media Industry Experience (requirement); stations/ local (preference)
• Experience in change management (preference)
• Experience leading documenting and implementing process changes (requirement)
• Experience working with external systems vendors (preference)
• Understanding of WideOrbit suite of products (preference)
• Understanding of Salesforce (preference)
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• 7-10 years of relevant experience
• Demonstrated track record and strong results driving solutions
• Experience implementing advertising and media solutions for enterprise
• Broad, high-level understanding of system design and architecture
• Excellent collaboration, communication, written and leading-by-influence skills
• Motivator to gain cross-company trust and authority
• Incredibly detail-oriented
• Not afraid to take risks, expose risks, mitigate risks and pivot if necessary – problem solver/unblocker
• Great listening skills to understand multiple perspectives on any given project