KHOU, a TEGNA Media Company, has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Sales Manager to join our dynamic and forward-thinking sales team. The ideal candidate will showcase his or her strategic and entrepreneurial expertise by creating and developing a digital sales strategy that delivers customized customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms. They will also be responsible for evaluating and improving digital processes and operations. People leadership and mentoring are important in this role. This position reports to the Director of Sales.
• Works with Sales Managers, Account Executives, and Account Management to provide best in class customer service regarding Digital campaigns.
• Manages digital campaign performance and a team of direct report Account Managers.
• Responsible for working with the account management teams on optimization strategies to ensure campaign delivery and attainment of client goals.
• Work as the station champion for all digital products, especially OTT (Premion).
• Proactively work with sales team on training rollouts, updates, reporting and optimization efforts that ensure client success.
• Constantly evaluates and improves current digital workflows and operations.
• Attends/hosts weekly sales meetings and training sessions to implement go-to-market strategies for a variety of digital products.
• Provides on-going recommendations to Sales Managers and Account Executives to upsell and cross-sell our vast product offerings. Client satisfaction is the top priority.
• Responsible for revenue forecasts and reporting to the Director of Local Sales/Director of Sales.
• Define, develop and communicate strategic plan to demonstrate the value of digital campaigns and grow sales to new and existing clients.
• Serve as the in-market digital product expert with ability to share and impart digital product knowledge to the entire sales team and demystify complex suite of integrated media solutions into simple, actionable learning points that can be translated into effective sales process steps that drive revenue
• Recruit, hire, onboard, train and develop new hires.
• Attend sales calls, if needed, as the digital expert on our product offerings.
• Work strategically with Marketing Specialists to build out product and training collateral for the sales team.
• Manage digital workload for the Digital Account Managers to meet client expectations.
• Provide Sales Team with the training needed to command the utilization of all Digital Solutions.
• Serve as a resource for management to suggest process improvements that arise from the operation and workflow of our digital products while delivering elite customer service.
• Creativity, flexibility, and ability to change and learn with our industry are keys to success in this position.
• Full working knowledge of all aspects of Digital Marketing including Google Analytics, OTT, Search Engine Marketing (SEM/PPC), Targeted Display (Banner Advertising), Native Advertising, Web Site Optimization, including services for Organic Search SEO, Social Media Advertising, and Email Marketing
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role
• Minimum of 2 years managing direct reports, preferably outside sales
• Google Certification preferred