WFAA, TEGNA's ABC affiliate in Dallas, is searching for a Digital Content Producer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a vision for what local news can and should be on digital, social and streaming platforms. This person will have an audience-first approach to produce and distribute WFAA editorial content, emphasis on video, across all WFAA digital, mobile, app, streaming and social media platforms.
WFAA Digital Content Producers are leaders in the newsroom who are responsible for quality content and audience experience on all WFAA digital, social and streaming platforms including content production, presentation and distribution. They help create multiple platform storytelling through all WFAA platforms including broadcast, digital and social by working with all content creators and producers. They enterprise content through social listening, being plugged into the community, pitching stories and producing original content for our audience whenever and wherever they are, on whatever device they are using at the time.
• Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
• Write and edit news stories for broadcast.
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
• Research for facts and credibility.
• Use consumer analytics in determining content.
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• 2-3 years of experience preferred
• Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
• Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
• Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
• Strong social media skills, on platforms to include Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
• Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events