The Ticket Seller will provide customer service by selling tickets and distributing will call to all ticketed Dignity Health Sports Park events. Other duties include cash handling, answering phones, organizing will-call, and assisting the Supervisor, Coordinator and/or Director with other duties as needed.
• Assist customers with using ticketing software and ticket purchase through various methods; including cash, credit, and vouchers.
• Assist with will call and guest list management. Check identification, distribute tickets to the proper parties. Resolve issues as they arise and escalate concerns to management when necessary.
• Answer telephone inquiries related to show and ticket information. Provide guidance related to additional venue or event information, accessibility, ADA requests, etc.
• Accurately reconcile sales and will call receipts. Provide sales and ticketing information to the accounting and operations teams. Assist with show settlement as necessary
• A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
• A minimum of 0-1 years of related work experience
• Must be available to work varied shifts which may include weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays
• Must have experience cash handling and other payment methods such as credit cards
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word
• Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Previous experience working in events and knowledge of the music industry preferred
• Previous experience working on a venue ticketing platform preferred