Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Data Analytics to join our team and play a key role in leading data analytics for the new FOX Enterprise data platform NOVA.
You will have the opportunity to lead the team with operationalizing and embedding analytics and data discovery to drive daily performance, revenue and optimization. This position combines knowledge in database systems and programming languages with strong interpersonal and project management skills. We're looking for someone who has the knowledge and experience to lead large complex data projects, creating, identifying trends, performing reliable qualitative and quantitative analyses, and helping to develop meaningful dashboards based on BI solutions and defined by the client. You will play a critical role in the management of data by developing datasets and monitor the quality of data collected to generate reports and summarize the data from a scientific and operational perspective.
To be successful in this role, you will have to effectively communicate with both internal and external team members to identify meaningful visualizations of data collected by teams across the project. And you will have the opportunity to help create, provide guidance on best practices, and present various reports, dashboards, and data models.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead the Data Analytics team managing business requirements, documentation, validation and prioritization of data being collected from source systems for Marketing, Product, and Business Intelligence uses.
• Communicate findings and recommendations to senior level management across different departments.
• Directly supervise a team of 3-5 data analysts.
• Manage activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
• Partner with data engineering teams on strategic planning and tactical implementation of data services products.
• Ensure accuracy and reliability of end-to-end data validation and data integrity.
• Lead ad-hoc data research and statistical analyses using R, python and/or other statistical tools.
• Analyze data architectures, data dictionaries, data governance, data lineages and metadata management.
• Manage the data needs of different stakeholders across multiple business verticals.
• Interpret end-to-end data management and dependencies across complex data pipelines and data transformation and how they impact business decisions.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 5+ years of experience managing teams that drive business decisions through data.
• Advanced knowledge and extensive experience with SQL.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, or MicroStrategy.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience with any of the following languages: Python, R, or Matlab.
• Experience with AWS stack (S3, Redshift, Spectrum, Glue, etc).
• Familiar with Mobile App and Web marketing, analytics, and engagement technologies.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or Engineering strongly preferred.