WBNS-10TV is Central Ohio’s News Leader providing award-winning journalism, quality entertainment and outstanding community service.
We’re one of the country’s longest standing CBS affiliates and have been Central Ohio’s number one choice for local content on broadcast, digital, mobile and social media.
Every day we strive to create compelling, important and shareable content, to engage and empower our customers, and to serve the greater good of our communities.
If you’re passionate about quality content, have a desire to inform and engage the public, and want to be part of innovating our legacy into the future, then we would love to have you join the 10TV team.
We’re redefining how news is produced and distributed for busy, mobile audiences, and we’re looking for a creative, innovative leader to drive these efforts. The Director of Digital Content for WBNS, TEGNA's CBS affiliate in Columbus, will serve as a member of the senior management team and lead the publication and distribution of engaging, compelling content across multiple platforms. This person will play a key role in charting the station’s content and growth strategy.
In This Role, You Will:
• Manage the digital content team and lead digital strategy to grow multi-platform content, audience and engagement
• Be the voice of innovation in the newsroom and inspire others to follow your lead
• Analyze and actively use data and metrics to inform editorial and strategic decisions and to create accountability for results
• Lead our newsroom to develop workflows that deliver our content 24/7 across current and future platforms with storytelling that is optimized for each screen
• Actively partner with the news director and marketing director to create three-screen synergy (TV, digital, mobile) around station content and campaigns
• Oversee all station efforts in social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and other emerging platforms.
• Lead the content team in identifying new content types and innovative technologies that help us reach and serve new audiences
• Create unique, engaging, and shareable content
• Be a resource for Sales in its content generation and digital sponsorship efforts
• Teach, coach, and mentor both members of the digital team and the entire newsroom in best practices for writing and producing content for digital and social platforms
• Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content
• Collaborate with content leaders across TEGNA to maximize the sharing of our content and to leverage innovation and best practices among stations
• Hold newsroom employees accountable to TEGNA’s ethical and editorial standards
Here’s What You Need :
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or equivalent experience in the field
• 3-5 years of content experience, including at least 1-2 years managing other digital journalists
• Solid journalistic judgment and a news philosophy that emphasizes accurate, fair and unique local content, along with community engagement
• A deep understanding of social strategy and SEO with the hunger to keep up with emerging trends
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and the ability to deal with the rapid pace of news
• Knowledge of online CMS and news production systems along with social newsgathering tools like CrowdTangle and Social News Desk
• Experience analyzing audience data and identifying behavioral trends, Google Analytics experience a plus.
• Passion and vision for emerging media
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines