Turner Studios is an organization focused on next generation content creation. Comprised of an amazing group of open, collaborative and innovative artists, crafts people, leaders, strategists and communicators we work closely with our partners throughout Turner to make sure we have the resources needed to grow our business, and our brands. Whether it be a brand specific campaign or event, a portfolio based initiative or a corporate communications tool, Turner Studios has the capabilities to consult, innovate and create. Everything we do revolves around two driving principles: to always be a resource for Turner brands, while never contradicting their vision and goals; and to always provide positive economic value to Turner.
The Video Technician works closely with the Director, Technical Director, Lighting Director and Camera operators, help achieve the desired "look" of the studio cameras in terms of color/tone, iris/brightness and camera matching. This position also color corrects other studio cameras (ex: POV's), on-camera video monitors, etc.
This position is required to understand and operate each of the various video/audio/control systems in the Camera Control Unit (CCU) Room as well as each studio. At times, it is necessary to work on or set up multiple shows simultaneously.
• Prepare Cameras required for each Show (includes studio cameras and others, such as POV cams): Select Camera Type, Mount, Lens, and System
• Connect to the proper Studio Port
• Chart all cameras to produce our Network Quality matching (color, brightness/iris) output between each of the cameras, using specialized test equipment, such as Waveform/Vector scopes, Color Correctors, Camera Remote control color/iris panels, intercom panels, etc.
• Route Teleprompter video signals, Tallies, Intercoms and Return Video signals to each camera
• Work closely with the Technical Director to set up and connect (fax) the cameras with the Production Control Room
• 3-5 years of studio and or remote video production in the role of video engineer for multi camera television shows. Able to work in a team environment, positive professional attitude. Good verbal skills, positive, professional demeanor