Job ID 697151BR
ABC Localish is seeking a full-time Social Media Editor to help our brand highlight the good that is happening in cities across America.
Localish is ABC/Disney’s new media brand that seeks to bring out the good in cities across America. Good food. Good people. Goode living. Our TV and digital storytelling is locally sourced, but transcended city limits. Localish reaches over 18 million followers across ABC social platforms, 14 million households across ABC TV stations in major markets, and millions of travelers on the go in over 150 airport TV screens across the country.
We are looking for a highly creative social media strategist to manage our brand’s social media presence and voice across all social and ABC owned platforms. The ideal candidate should have a discerning editorial eye and a knack for shaping daily content into exciting and informative stories for our audience. You should also have a deep understanding of social media trends and have experience using analytics to develop and implement social media strategies that lead to measured growth.
This is a project position and is anticipated to last one year.
• Oversee optimization and manage daily publishing of video content across all platforms (social and ABC owned sites)
• Ideate and implement platform-specific strategies to increase Localish’s social following across platforms
• Build, manage, and maintain daily content updates for Localish.com, each Localish show page (Bite Size, Secretly Awesome, etc.), and across the ABC app and all OTT platforms.
• Write engaging copy in Localish’s brand voice
• Capture and use data and analytics management and reporting across all social platforms to optimize strategy in response to data feedback
• Track new and emerging social media platforms and tools
• 2 years of experience managing social media accounts
• Experience working within a CMS and/or other enterprise collaboration software
• Experience writing optimized and engaging social media copy, including writing headlines and social language, and selecting images to maximize social reach potential
• Strong knowledge of the latest social media technologies and best practices
• Some experience with data analytics and the ability to make decisions based on data
• Digital newsroom experience
• Voracious consumer of media content, specifically in the lifestyle and news space
• Experience with video production and image editing
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience