The Contractor Compliance Supervisor monitors distribution results versus contractual requirements. If contracted results are not met, the Contractor Compliance Supervisor alerts the contractor. If results are not brought up to contracted standards, additional steps such as offering a cure period to improve results or termination of contract may occur. If a contractor is terminated, the Contractor Compliance Supervisor will directly manage the distribution operation until a new distributor is contracted.
Job Duties and Job Tasks
50% Vendor Management Activities:
• Track day to day performance of distribution vendors versus contracted goals including subscriber complaints, delivery completion times, returns accuracy and shrink. Identify instances when vendor KPIs are not achieved, notify vendors and request an update on planned remedies.
• If performance continues to not meet contracted requirements, takes additional steps such as offering a cure period during which performance standards are met up to and including terminating vendor agreements as outlined in contract.
• If a contract is terminated by either party, personally manages the distribution operations on an interim basis until a replacement distributor is contracted.
• Coordinate efforts with Subscriber Advocate to support resolution of the most critical complaints
30% Manage Distribution Center on an Interim basis while new distributor is being selected:
• Review center operations and performance vs. contracted KPI's
• If needed, optimize routes and renegotiate carrier contracts
• Effectively deploy SWAT team carriers to optimize route coverage
• Help to identify distributor candidates within distribution operation
• Reduce critical complaints and poor service stops as well as improve Single Copy sales metrics
20% Serve as Lead Field Representative
• Identify and share best practices for distributor contractor management with Field Representative team
• Assist in training of new field reps
• Handle duties of Home Delivery Manager in their absence
• Demonstrated ability to run a distribution operation
• Contract management experience
• Ability to manage projects from planning through implementation and evaluation
• Customer service skills and experience
• Operational knowledge of distribution centers
• Ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent soft skills - good verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of News Cycle circulation system, PCF and Syncronex
• Position should be adept at communicating with employees at all levels within CMG including front line employees, managers, and senior executives as well as contractors