A TNT BTC Edit Apprentice is an entry level position within Turner Studios geared towards building upon the foundations of a career in editing for TNT/TBS. This position is designed for craftspeople who have a keen eye and a passion for storytelling, behind the scenes content creation, post-production, and a driving desire to succeed in the media industry. The TNT BTC Edit Apprenticeship is a two-year program where selected candidates grow as assistant editors through development of skilled media management and editing techniques, relationship building with editors and producers, mentoring junior staff, and climbing to the next rung on the ladder. The Apprentice needs to have previous experience with the fundamentals of assistant editing, such as preparing media for edit sessions, pulling selects, creating clip reels, and preparing projects for delivery and archive. The core focus of this job is to strengthen technical support skills, including asset and project management, while gaining essential experience to further develop understanding of the TNT/TBS brand and workflows for the behind the scenes content.
As a TNT BTC Edit Apprentice, you will provide editorial support by:
• Organizing, syncing, transcoding, and transferring media for session materials (e.g. shoot footage, interviews, various BROLL etc.)
• Creating and preparing projects for editors (gathering, organizing, and importing media; creating skeleton sequences for spots)
• Pulling selects and creating clip reels for editors and producers
• Creating temp graphics for spots (lower thirds, end pages, etc.)
• Addressing notes/revisions and handling cut-downs
• Prepping projects for color and audio
• Demo reel submitted with your resume.
• Experienced in Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
• Very familiar with asset and project management software - namely Strawberry and IPV. Knowledge of social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Faceboook.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Thorough understanding of post-production processes and database management.
• Ability to prep editing material for sessions.
• Must be able to perform under very tight deadlines.
• Must be self-motivated, intuitive, and take initiative.
• Excellent customer service skills, solid interpersonal skills, strong communicator, high attention to detail, meticulous organizational skills, excellent time management skills.
• Knowledge and appreciation of the TNT brand.
• Previous post-production television experience preferred.