Cox Media Group - Miami Radio WFLC/HITS 97.3 has an opening for part time On-Air Hosts for future openings. We're looking for talent to put on a show, not just an air-shift. The ideal candidate can easily connect with people on-air, in person and on social media. Individuals applying for this position must possess a strong work ethic, be a team player, be able to work within format parameters to maximize ratings and revenue success, and be able to relate to the lifestyle that is South Florida. You should be a great story teller, understand the concept of forward momentum in a PPM world, be immersed in pop-culture, be active and forward thinking with social media and video, and have the ability to effectively tease and deliver on compelling content with great pacing and timing.
Please include your Air Check Package with application!
• Show prep, including format related content, pop-culture content and local content; writing and posting web and social media content; writing and delivering commercial or personal endorsement content.
• Hosting regular air shifts, plus other voice-tracked shifts as assigned.
• Duties include working closely with program director to develop relatable content, execute format, and deliver ratings goals.
• Control board operation, including editing phone bits, interviews and other audio.
• Remotes and appearances at station or life group functions, as assigned.
• Work with sales and promotions to maximize revenue opportunities, including promotions and personal endorsements.
• Minimum 1 year on-air experience, with Top 40 radio format experience preferred.
• Strong on-air presence. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Track record of success in ratings and revenue.
• Experience operating all on-air and production equipment.
• Experience with audio software editing products (Adobe Audition, etc.
• Computer skills for audio delivery and automation systems (Wide Orbit, Audiovault, etc.), word processing, audio editing and web/social media.
• Available as needed, including nights, weekends, etc., when required.
• MUST be social media savvy, ready to hit the Miami scene and execute a PPM-friendly and engaging radio show.