“100.7 San Diego”, a TEGNA media company, has a rare opening for an engaging and compelling LIVE Full-Time On-Air Host/Influencer. We are looking for someone who is authentic and transparent – and not afraid of sharing the “real you” with the audience. We want positive personalities, with a great sense of humor and the desire to lift people up. If you’re confident that you can contribute to the success of our radio station by entertaining our audience in beautiful San Diego, we want to hear from you.
We’re an “Adult Hits” radio station, so you should know and love 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s Rock and Pop/Rock music. If you can do an entertaining “show” (not just a “shift”), you’re knowledgeable about incorporating interactive elements on social media, and you’re within driving distance of our station, then we want to hear from you. We’re not looking for remote voice-trackers.
• Host an on-air show and deliver content in an entertaining manner.
• Properly prepare the content for each show by having a firm grasp of current events and social trends.
• Record, edit and playback phone calls using VoxPro
• Must be active and well-versed in creating social media content on all platforms, including website stories/posts.
• Participate in required station Programming, Promotions and Sales staff meetings and events.
• Make regular appearances at paid and non-paid station events.
• Comfortable and confident with doing regular podcasting.
• Know, understand and adhere to FCC rules and regulations.
• Must have 1-2 years of on-air experience
• Familiar with systems/programs like ENCO, Wide Orbit, Prophet, VoxPro, Adobe Audition, etc.
• Excellent communication and voice skills
• Thoroughly understands how to effectively use social media to engage the audience
• Ability to adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficient in basic Microsoft Office Suite.
• Able to voice-track a weekend shift.