Are you super creative, up for trying ANYTHING, love to think of yourself as ‘more than just a producer’? Then you might be the next ‘producing wizard’ we’re looking for!
KARE 11, a TEGNA owned company, is on the hunt for a very special person who’s decided there’s more to producing than lining up stories, writing and timing a show.
We want someone who’s a showcase champion, a wizard wordsmith, an amazing editor and yes, a fabulous show producer!
But wait…there’s more!
In this role, you will:
• Multi-task and be in tune with the great state of Minnesota and Twin Cities
• Be a team player and creative problem solver with strong journalistic judgement
• Use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content.
• Write in an exciting, accurate and creative way
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
• Develop original content through social listening and digital analytics
• Research facts and credibility
• Enterprise news stories
• Use creative production techniques like graphics, editing and new forms of media to enhance stories
• Lead and inspire a team to work together for a great newscast
• Coach on-air talent to be exciting and engaging
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
• On-air experience a plus
• And most of all…have fun
• Degree in journalism, communications or related field
• Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
• Strong social media skills to deliver content and listen for ideas
• Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events