Join CNN's exclusive Image+Sound team! The Associate Production Manager has their finger on the pulse of scheduling decisions for I+S Creative & Production Services teams.
• The Associate Production Manager will make decisions for the day-to-day and longform assignments for Creative Services and Production Services staff.
• You will collaborate with Image+Sound managers and our partners to evaluate and assess assignment requests.
• Your team is responsible for scheduling all of New York Image+Sound personnel within Creative Services and Production Services.
• Approving, coordinating, and tracking PTO for the staff. Collaborating with management and partners to make effective scheduling decisions.
• Make specific task assignments based on skills and project needs.
• Provide manager support in regard to scheduling decisions, reporting details for allocations.
• Working in a fast-paced 24/7/365 newsroom.
• Three (3) plus years of experience in news, editing and/or video production.
• Previous experience scheduling personnel and or working with scheduling tools such as Newsdesk, Workschedule, Show Manager, Excel or other industry tools.
• Proven creative problem-solving skills. Ability to create win-win situations. Ability to work under deadline pressure.
• A strong curiosity for current and historic events.
• A motivation to grow and adapt to a rapidly changing business
• A desire to lead.
• Command of the English language. Other language skills are highly valued, especially Spanish.
• Bachelor's degree (typically in liberal arts such as journalism, English, political science) or similar demonstrated on the job experience.