OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FX Networks is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM, the video on-demand app FXNOW and the commercial-free on-demand service FX+. FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 88 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series including Taboo, Legion, Snowfall, Trust, Pose, Mayans M.C. and the upcoming Y; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD, Fosse/Verdon and the upcoming Devs, Shōgun and Mrs. America; acclaimed hit comedy series including Atlanta, Baskets, Better Things, What We Do in the Shadows and the upcoming Breeders; the half-hour series Mr Inbetween; and the upcoming docuseries The Weekly with The New York Times. FX is the former home of the critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama series The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, Justified and The Americans.
The network’s library of acquired box-office hit movies is unmatched by any ad-supported television network. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 86 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the Emmy® Award winning comedy series Archer. FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 57 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films, and short-form award-winning original programming in the evening.
FX Networks is seeking an Administrator to support the Technical Operations team. Responsibilities include researching and supplying source materials, creating work orders and purchase orders, shipping drives and tapes to vendors, scanning hard drives, transferring digital files, and uploading and downloading files.
This position also provides support to the VP and Director of Tech Ops with administrative and special projects, including phone coverage, booking conference rooms and maintaining and ordering supplies for print and motion graphics departments, including art supplies, software, and camera and stage peripherals. In addition, the Administrator will be responsible for recycling and e-wasting equipment as it becomes obsolete and/or broken.
• Research and locate files/materials.
• Download and upload incoming and outgoing assets.
• Create work orders, purchase orders, scan incoming drives, ship outgoing drives, create drive-ons, book conference rooms, and maintain and order technical supplies.
• Assist Tech coordinators as needed with Marketing projects.
• Assist VP and Director Tech Ops with administrative tasks and special projects.
• College degree and minimum 1-2 years of experience in post production, marketing, promotions, production, or related field preferred.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication.
• Good mathematical skills are required for calculating time code.
• Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and web applications.
• Familiarity with editing applications, Avid and Adobe Premiere, and data transmission services like Aspera a plus.
• Must have knowledge of post-production terminology including aspect ratios, frame rate, file formats, Codecs, Color Spaces, and file-based workflows.
• Good organizational, time management, and prioritization skills are necessary.
• Must have the ability to multi-task and work effectively under changing priorities, rapid deadlines, and daily time constraints.