Contribute to a dynamic team overseeing the digital distribution of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. This position will be working within the NBCUniversal Digital Network Operations Center (NOC) as a team member providing L1 monitoring, control, support and escalation for NBCUniversal’s delivery of digital content.
• Specifically, the Digital Operations Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring timely, seamless and reliable delivery of NBCU live and VOD content to various secondary platforms, including real-time, physical checks on endpoint devices such as set top boxes, OTT devices, tablets, phones, desktop, etc. These platforms include but are not limited to NBCU owned TVE applications, NBCU owned websites and various Multichannel video programming distributors.
• The Digital Operations Coordinator will provide real time monitoring and support for the fulfillment of NBCU content. Monitoring takes place through a combination of “eyes on glass” and a host of data aggregation tools within the Digital NOC. Responsibilities include investigating issues that arise within distribution workflows and escalating to L2 support, engineering, operations or client contacts as appropriate to drive resolution.
• Support also includes, but is not limited to, video player feeds, accelerated UDP transfers and cloud services. Additionally, the Digital Operations Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining and updating department best practice and standard operation procedure documentation.
• This role is a unique opportunity to participate in a state-of-the-art, cutting-edge, one-of-a-kind facility and team that will pioneer digital delivery and distribution for the industry.
• Monitor the end-to-end distribution of NBCUniversal digital assets across a diverse portfolio of products, platforms and partnerships
• Perform L1 monitoring and support of digital delivery workflows internal infrastructure and product, including L2 escalation, resolution and reporting out
• Physical checks on endpoint devices and platforms to ensure assets are available as expected
• Partner with GMO peers on delivery assurance and reliability to internal and external clients
• Partner with engineering to monitor traditional and digital (terrestrial IP) signal transmission
• Develop expertise of distribution workflows and communicate support case learning’s cross departmentally in order to help firm-up operations and help refine technical delivery and syndication products and services
• Create and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external distribution partners
• Record all issues and discrepancies via NBCU’s proprietary defect tracking tool
• Bachelor’s degree or related field experience is required
• Minimum 1-2 years previous industry, database or related analytic experience is required
• Minimum 1-2 years experience in a NOC, Digital Operation or Media Operations facility strongly preferred
• Prior experience in a support role strongly preferred
• Excellent computer skills, including MS Office Suite with a particularly strong knowledge of MS Excel is required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a CV/resume through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing and able to work on any shift including, overnights, swing, or weekend, and must be willing to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice, as needed
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
• BA/BS in related field
• Experience, understanding and knowledge of digital product and distribution systems, standards and processes
• Technical experience with digital video and audio, troubleshooting and test techniques
• Prior experience with video encoding, delivery distribution workflows
• Strong attention to detail, communication and interpersonal skills
• Effectively flexible in approach, and responds well to pressure
• A track record of meeting or exceeding performance expectations