Job ID 673924BR
As the Vice President of Talent Strategy and Development for the ABC Owned TV Stations, you will be responsible for identifying, developing and growing on and off-air talent as we modernize our brands and business for the future. In partnership with the stations, this position will be responsible for driving the team priorities of the brand and business through a multi-cultural lens. This position will also create new development programs and enhance existing offerings with the goal of providing broad exposure for our talent including reporting, storytelling and presentation skills. This position will create career mapping systems and work alongside the GMs of each station on succession planning and career development.
• Understands the specific on and off-air talent needs of each ABC Owned Station and identifies/develops solutions in partnership with Talent Acquisition and Talent Development
• Creates a strong recruiting/pipeline system for the ABC Owned Stations to reach multi-cultural and next-gen organizational goals for on and off-air talent
• Develops a cohesive retention plan for the ABC Owned Stations to develop initiatives/programs that drive talent growth, training, modernization and development
• Creates career mapping systems in coordination with Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, and HR teams
• Develops and leads Diversity & Inclusion Strategies for talent/employees across stations in alignment with Walt Disney Television D&I
• Partners with Human Resources on best practices to attract and retain a diverse workforce and deliver learning opportunities that deepen expertise regarding multicultural viewers
• Develops leadership programs/practices and metrics to support and measure the success of building diverse networks and outreach efforts
• 10+ years of experience working in media, and/or a talent development role
• Demonstrated experience working within a fast paced environment, developing and retaining talent
• Direct management or influencing skills
• Executive-level presentation and communication skills
• Deep passion for creative forms of storytelling and the future of news media
• A collaborative working style, with a focus on action and results
• BA or BS from a four year accredited college or university.