Work Schedule / Hours
Monday through Friday 8AM - 5PM, but may work beyond the expected 40 hours at times.
Overall Purpose and Objective (Job Summary)
This position handles cash application research and resolution functions for Gannett subsidiaries. This includes, but is not limited to, resolving internal customer issues, resolving external customer issues, researching lockbox payments, reviewing customer credit card disputes and preparing check deposits.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Handle customer service requests from both external paying customers as well as Gannett business unit queries. 50%
• Research and resolve rejected lockbox payments. 5%
• Prepare daily deposits. 20%
• Research customer credit card disputes. 15%
• Review and resolve issues identified in exception reports. 5%
• Perform other duties as required, including special projects. 5%
Total Time 100%
Does this position require confidentiality? (X) Yes ( ) No
If yes, explain:
HIGH: This position will be working with customer records, personally identifiable information and company banking information.
Skills / Abilities
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines
• Ability to work both independently and within a team-based environment
• Attention to detail
• Basic PC skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Cash receipts and / or accounts receivable clerical experience a plus
• Accounting experience strongly preferred
• Professional and courteous customer service skills
Education / Training
A high school degree / GED is required. 2 + years data entry experience preferred. Cash application preferred. Shared service experience desired.
The following factors are important to successful performance in this position:
• Problem solving
• Verbal communication skills
• Written communication skills
• Computer skills
Describe the requirements of this position that makes these factors important:
• This position will deal with other departments here at the NSSC as well as contacts at the sites. It is imperative that this individual be able to communicate clearly and professionally on all levels.
Physical Demands of Position:
• Standing 10% of time
• Walking 10% of time
• Sitting 80% of time
• Time spent using computer 80%