Employee will write summaries for local markets as assigned, produce news audio and also provide content for the national wire. This job is a shift position so you must be willing to work weekends and possibly overnights/early mornings/afternoons etc. In addition to writing, employee will also anchor newscasts. Will cover local news as well as regional and national stories.
• Gathers, writes, edits and prepares content.
• Scans various websites, newspapers, magazines, social media, online content and other sources for latest information on celebrities, entertainment, news events, music, current events, weather etc., in order to collect information for posting on “prep services” websites.
• May specialize in certain formats appropriate to coverage area demographics, e.g., country music, comedy, breaking events, celebrities’ news.
• Fully proficient with station(s)’ computer, voice and data systems or ability to learn new systems quickly
• Knowledge of local audience’s interests and preferences
• Excellent writing and editing ability; excellent grammar
• Strong time management skills; adept at setting priorities and managing deadlines
• Ability to plan and organize, manage projects and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• High degree of attention to detail, optimal work standards and process improvement ability
• Stress tolerance especially with tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills, can collaborate with all station staff
• 2-3+ years’ experience in a similar newsgathering and/or media operations environment
• Four-year Bachelor's degree in a related field; Media, Communications, or Journalism preferred