WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior Concept Artist, Character to create a wide range of conceptual content related to Characters (mood shots, lighting intentions, line art, paint overs, etc.) to inspire and communicate the visual direction of an upcoming AAA console title.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Art Director, Characters and lighters to help define and uphold the aesthetic vision of the game and maintain the highest level of consistency and quality.
• Understand the project's creative vision
• Craft visually inspiring, high fidelity concepts that set the quality bar for the team
• Collaboration/communication with the production team
• Provide leadership through example – has team spirit, highly motivated, takes initiative, is pro-active, and inspires.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
• At least 2+ years of experience video game development and at least 1 published AAA game, preferably on Xbox One or PS4.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• No specific requirement.
• An excellent artistic sense
• Photoshop expert
• Must demonstrate an ability to work within a broad variety of styles and genres
• Strong background in traditional art skills
• Knowledge of art history and contemporary culture
• Some familiarity with 3D art and combining 2D and 3D techniques (e.g. Sketch Up) a plus
• A architectural awareness including the balancing of proportions, shapes, and materials
• Excellent knowledge of human anatomy and proportions is a plus
• Experience working within game development
• Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills
• Strong communication/collaboration skills
• Ability to accept constructive criticism and work iteratively
• Self-motivated person who thrives in a collaborative environment
• A proven record of meeting deadlines
• Self-managing and able to identify and meet goals
• Knowledge of and passion for video games