Performs research and/or develops original content for podcasts. Develops content plan including script, on-air subject matter, proposed guests, and other creative elements under producer's direction.
The Podcast Researcher will be responsible for conducting background research on/for guests as well as providing logistical support to coordinate all podcast tapings.
Research can entail but is not limited to:
(1) identifying and reviewing key articles that should be read prior to the podcast on a specific subject or guest
(2) identifying 3-5 major themes and specific questions that can be used to drive the interview,
(3) providing background statistics and evidence on key issues that would enhance the interview, and
(4) preparing written introductions of the guest.
This will provide the opportunity to intellectually contribute to and shape the content of the podcast and dive into the weeds on interesting, relevant research.
S/he must be enthusiastic and have excellent research, writing and organizational skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office is mandatory.
• Providing background research for podcast hosts, whether on in-depth scripted shows for for conversational, interview-style shows
• Prepping podcast interviews, including conducting evidence reviews, synthesizing information and summarizing key data on key areas of interest.
• Preparing topic themes and questions for guests.
• Preparing written introductions for guests
• Preparing scripted narrative tailored to individual hosts' voices
• Engaging in brainstorming sessions on content, helping shape a show's direction from the ground floor
• Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking skills: the ability to cut through large bodies of research and information to analyze, summarize and develop arguments.
• Understands the relationships between theory and practice, data and trends, and can think in an inter-disciplinary way.
• Ability to read and assess academic research from economics, political science and sociology.
• Excellent organizational skills: the ability to work independently & productively in a fast-paced environment and ability to effectively see projects through from start to finish.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to successfully and effectively liaise with a variety of stakeholders.
• Fluency in English, both verbal and written is required. Excellent Computer skills: Expert in all MS Office applications.