Responsible for setting up and monitoring contracted radio broadcasts for distribution on the FNN satellite system and providing technical support for the clients and affiliated stations.
• Operates equipment in the network control center for distribution of radio programming via satellite: ISDN codecs, audio routers, and telephone feed systems.
• Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
• Assists with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure transmission meets federally mandated broadcast standards.
• Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
• Technically minded individual with experience in the operation of broadcast equipment: ISDN, Comrex Bric/Access, audio routers, and telephone feed systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot basic technical issues in a time sensitive environment
• Time management and attention to detail
• Ability to work without close supervision
• Flexibility in work schedule, including evenings, overnight and weekends
• Functions well in a fast-paced environment with tight timeframes and multiple demands
• Works well in a team environment
• 6 months in a related role and/or technical training
• High school graduate or G.E.D.