Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KAEF-TV, in Eureka, California, is seeking an experienced, hands-on News Director with strong leadership skills and a bold style.
• Managing the stations' news operations, setting budgets, establishing goals and directing the staff that produces 7.5+ hours of local news weekly
• Responsible for initiating and managing content delivery on multiple platforms
• Work closely with local and corporate management to establish News content, philosophy and direction
• Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control and brand compliance, and subsequently provide feedback to all news staff
• Recruiting, hiring and negotiating contracts for news department personnel
• Collaborate with other managers to develop marketing plans, establish ratings goals, and effectively reach said goals
• At least five (5) years of experience in new management with noted leadership skills is required
• A 4-year degree, preferably in journalism or communications is required
• Must have a working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws
• Will bring strong fiscal experience for both operational and capital expenditures
• Must have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple hours of daily newscasts on two stations
• Must have a proven track record of success in building a winning news organization