The Per Diem Writer is responsible for all aspects of writing for WGN News Broadcasts.
Writing stories and teases; writing for on-air and on-line; working with reporters and photographers in the field; desk-top video editing; reviewing feed tapes; posting text and video to the internet; and gathering information on late stories. In addition to writing to the video and graphics available, the Writer will contribute creative ideas for broadcasts and websites.
• Applicants must have at least 3 years of experience as a writer or producer of television news broadcasts.
• They must have a college degree in Journalism or Mass Communications, or significant related experience.
• Applicants must demonstrate a facility with language and a writing style that is designed to be off-the-cuff and fun, yet authoritative and credible.
• Strong writing, video, news judgment, and internet skills are essential.
• Applicants must possess the ability to work well under pressure, work well with others, and be available to work flexible hours including extremely early mornings and weekends.