• Gather, edit, package, and publish local news content including breaking news, weather, sports, and trending stories, on the FOX 61 website, mobile apps, and social media platforms.
• Write articles, publish and edit video clips and images for editorial impact, audience appeal, and timeliness while following editorial standards and best practices.
• Gather and produce relevant content around key stories from a range of external sources and feeds.
• Use social media platforms to find story ideas, engage with our audience, and reach new audiences.
• Maintain a timely and engaging social media presence on WPMT.
• Work closely with TV producers to push from air to web and web to air.
• Demonstrated knowledge of AP Style writing and guidelines
• Comfortable with working on a range of content management systems
• Ability to react quickly and calmly to breaking news and a fast paced environment
• Expert in use of social media to promote and distribute news content
• Passion for the news and digital presentation
• Curiosity about latest digital tools and a willingness to experiment with new ways to tell stories
• Must be highly organized, pay attention to detail, and cool under pressure
• Sharp news judgment and the ability to write clearly and accurately under deadline pressure
• Flexible in undertaking shift work associated with running a 24/7 news operation