TEGNA is looking for a Talent Director to champion talent initiatives and programs designed to attract, develop and retain talent. This role reports to and partners closely with the VP, Human Resources, Media Operations, on the development of programs and initiatives supporting performance management, succession planning, talent assessment, employee engagement and leadership development to meet the current and future needs of TEGNA. It will be imperative for the Talent Director to collaborate with business leaders and the HR team to execute talent strategies and efforts to support the growth/strategic objectives of the company.
• Evaluate TEGNA’s current leadership programs; design and lead new leadership development programs based on current and future talent objectives
• Lead TEGNA’s local succession planning efforts (Organization Vitality) with HR business partners; identify opportunities for continuous improvement; feed results of local succession planning into wider TEGNA succession plan
• Develop talent development framework, to include development opportunities, written plans, etc. for HR business partners and leaders that supports the succession and development needs identified in Organization Vitality
• Design and facilitate talent forums to showcase top talent
• Evaluate current leadership assessment tools (including 360 feedback and pre-hire leadership assessments) and make recommendations based on business objectives and candidate/employee experience; responsible for administering 360 assessments as appropriate
• Provide professional expertise to the design of the performance evaluation/assessment process, including developing training for managers and employees and train-the-trainer materials for HR business partners.
• Drive a consistent, contemporary performance calibration framework for the HR business partner community and partner to drive performance management beyond the annual performance review to a continuous process of setting and reviewing goals, assessing performance and ongoing feedback
• Participate in planning the company’s employee survey to include identification and implementation of action plans and how to measure success
• Identify organizational people strengths/gaps and devise strategies to strengthen and build leadership capability
• Ensure talent identification and development practices to drive a diverse and inclusive workforce
• Research latest developments in management, leadership and organization development and leverage proven models/methodologies/theories to serve as a subject matter expert and consult the organization regarding critical people issues.
• Build capability and credibility tools to ensure leaders have expert support/advice in areas concerning leadership, team, and employee engagement.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Education or related field. Master’s degree in organizational development, industrial/organizational psychology, business or related field a plus
• At least 5 years’ experience designing, developing and supporting organization-wide talent management programs that cover performance management, talent development, coaching and succession planning
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate strongly and clearly; comfortable with public speaking and leading workshops/programs
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail
• Strong business acumen and ability to translate business strategy into organization development plans
• Ability to build relationships at all levels, particularly at the senior leadership level
• Must be an independent thinker/worker with strong customer focus and orientation
• Must be highly organized and able to successfully project manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point)
• Experience with HR technology required – UltiPro or Oracle experience is a plus