THE DIVISON’S STORY
Named in honor of our leader’s favorite car, GTO comprises a wide range of operations, production and technology roles. We are responsible for the whole value chain of content. This is where we produce, broadcast and distribute content, manage media assets and run the tech infrastructure for the whole company. We live on the forefront of technology, nurturing new solutions in tech incubators before improving the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues. Interested in Big Data? AR? VR? Or another emerging technology. If your idea helps grow our business, we are eager to work with you to test and learn. Join us as we set the standard for our industry.
THE ROLE: Quality Control Technician
A&E Television Networks is seeking a Quality Control Technician who is responsible for the QC of AETN programs prior to Broadcast. Candidate will perform an extensive and detailed assessment of SD and HD media. Must have the ability to identify any impairments, anomalies, artifacts, and ensure that all content meets network standards and air critical deadlines. This staff position requires nights, weekends and periodic overtime on short notice as needed.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Evaluate show and movie master files for technical quality, Standards & Practices, grammar, spelling and closed caption accuracy.
• Perform technical quality check of live content.
• Monitor incoming emails, facilitate requests, prioritize air dates and communicate all technical issues to Lead Tech/Supervisor.
• Check edits and verify technical fixes, revise reports and update department records.
• Multitask in a fast-paced environment effectively and work autonomously with minimal supervision.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to watch great content. You will have exposure to all the inner workings of what it takes to get our content out the door and on the eyes of the world. Collaborate with Acquisitions and Producers to name just a few of the stakeholders in our organization. You will challenge your creative spirit as we embrace the technological advances to producing and delivering award winning content and sharing globally.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 4 year bachelor’s degree in TV/Film or Media Related Program and/or 2-4 years related job experience in the Media Industry.
• Extremely observant, with an excellent attention to detail.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Practical knowledge of production, post-production and broadcast related problems.
• Strong knowledge of Broadcast file formats, and the ability to read waveform/vector and audio scopes.
• Knowledge of Amberfin and MediaFlex a plus.
• Positive attitude with a passion to excel in a team-oriented culture.
• Interest in new technology and a desire to work in the entertainment/media industry.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you’ve read this far, you’re likely a great fit for us…and maybe you’re fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we’d love to hear about it in your cover letter.