THE DIVISION’S STORY Our People Team is aptly named. We’re all about “people” and all about “team” — and all in the service of outcomes. Whether we’re helping to structure an organization, fill a key role, forecast new capabilities, align teams or grow leaders at all levels, we are all about results. We do the right thing even when it’s hard, help others have tough conversations, and we’re thrilled to support the growth of this amazing company. As People Partners to the business, we are trusted advisors who collaborate closely with our People Specialists to deliver smart solutions to tough organizational, process and people challenges. As a creative company, we’re all about talent. We’re the ones who find them, grow them and keep them!
THE ROLE: Director, Human Resources, Stamford, CT
Serve as a business partner in setting the direction and counseling business clients to make critical talent decisions and build alignment across client groups which include the company’s Media Broadcast Operations Group.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Achieve staffing objectives by sourcing, recruiting, evaluating and acquiring skilled human labor necessary to meet both short and long-term business needs.
• Support client groups by driving business results through systematic organizational and talent strategies that are aligned to the business goals.
• Review and analyze business unit data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention and the employee experience.
• Partner with the Director, People Learning & Development to provide management coaching to build leadership capabilities to address and resolve employee relations issues.
• Provide guidance in the handling of complex employee relations matters, ensuring compliance with all applicable employment laws and regulations.
• Partner with HR leadership in implementing workforce planning, succession planning, career management, and performance management to support client groups growth.
• Build management capability to facilitate an open and inclusive environment that increases team member engagement.
• Champion HR initiatives that support the success of the organization’s growth and reinforce a collaborative, aligned and engaged culture.
• As the HR site lead position is responsible for ensuring a creative, innovative and diverse workforce as well as being the “go to” executive for all things HR (i.e. benefits, compensation, internal communication, learning & development).
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will not be alone. You’ll have an opportunity to be a key thought leader and contributor to shaping and implementing our People Acquisition strategies. You will build relationships, both internal and external that will support transformational solutions & support our areas of business. Finally, you’ll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Bachelor’s degree and relevant direct work experience required, preferably within a media, production company and/or agency
• 5+ years of applicable HR experience in a progressive, forward-thinking environment
• Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resources areas including Talent Management, Employee Relations, Employee Engagement, Organizational Design, Compensation, Talent Acquisition, and Change Management.
• Demonstrated ability to build credibility and confidence with a wide variety of leaders as a trusted adviser and confidant
• Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and communication skills (verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal) required.
• Strong business and financial acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and business analysis skills
• Ability to bring new ideas and leverage HR expertise and operations knowledge
• Demonstrated flexibility to respond to changing demands and shifting priorities with strong follow-up skills
• We expect you to be customer-centric, inclusive in philosophy, a desire to improve continuously, and be emotionally intelligent.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you’ve read this far, you’re likely a great fit for us…and maybe you’re fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we’d love to hear about it in your cover letter.