The Director, Creative Services will work across lines of the organization and within Marketing to ensure the effective execution of content, video, design and web programs align with our broader organizational strategies. These teams will provide high quality, relevant, compelling material that supports iCIMS’ corporate vision, culture, and product set. This role will partner closely with the marketing leadership to garner strategic input and then lead initiatives, effectively navigate strategic and tactical challenges and effectively lead a high-performing team of content producers, designers, web/UX analysts and web developers.
The Director’s team partners with the business to understand the needs, make recommendations and to develop materials to support iCIMS’ brand while delivering a positive internal and external customer experience. The Director, Creative Services will analyze the needs of the business and will make recommendations on how best to prioritize and support requests in a way that scales for the future. This leader will partner with senior Marketing leadership, Marketing Project Management, Decision Support, Operations and third-party resources to balance creativity, quality, deadline management and overall organizational effectiveness. This position reports into the Sr. Director, Brand.
iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company headquartered in Holmdel, NJ. Eight-times voted a Best Place to Work by NJBIZ and #16 on Glassdoor’s 2019 Best Places to Work list, we are the industry’s #1 recruitment software provider, delivering technology that supports approximately 4,000 contracted customers around the globe. Dedicated to maintaining an inclusive, inspirational and innovative work environment, and committed to our consistent growth, we have a wide range of opportunity for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us—apply today!
• Collaborate with Marketing leadership to establish a vision, planning & prioritization for the Creative Services team that is aligned to overall Marketing and organizational goals.
• Build and manage relationships with leaders throughout the organization; create cross-functional teams optimized for successful business execution as needed.
• Effectively translate key approved strategic communication themes into all of our materials.
• Routinely present performance updates to senior leadership on the team’s progress toward achieving its annual strategic objectives.
• Develop and regularly revisit headcount drivers and resource models; make recommendations to best address business needs
• Oversee people leaders and associates as well a network of freelancers and/or agencies (directly or through the team)
• Provide leadership to ensure that objectives are met while also ensuring that there is the requisite sponsorship, alignment and support of all stakeholders connected with the organization.
• Maintain a high-performance team and work environment enabling operational objectives and acquisition/retention of talent to fulfill team mission successfully and cost-effectively.
• Lead and mentor both direct and indirect reports with the goal of improving their professional expertise to better serve business initiatives.
• Manage team members’ performance including formal reviews, establishing departmental and individual objectives and administering applicable assessments. Hire, motivate and retain high performing content creators.
• Define best practice process and SLAs; set performance standards to meet service goals of the team in support of company objectives.
• Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and processes require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding scale and changing business priorities.
• Manage the quality, consistency, accuracy and timely delivery of all go to market materials.
• Understand industry best practices and apply to processes, presenting recommendations as necessary for the company to remain compliant and competitive in our marketing content needs.
• Partner with Marketing Project Management and Operations to create and kaizen cross-functional processes, manage projects, and provide routine reporting on progress.
• Through your team, manage and/or support iCIMS’ external-facing corporate properties including websites, customer care site, blog, career site, and more
• Work with content creators to develop and post content that establishes iCIMS as an industry leader and valuable resource to customers and prospects, such as articles, whitepapers, eBooks, webinars, infographics, etc.
• Direct internally- and externally developed research materials for the PR Team to leverage for media exposure for the iCIMS brand.
• Partner with internal and external “data gurus” to position system data and third-party surveys to craft content marketing materials to be distributed across various channels (general business media, HR trades, social media, webinars, speaking engagement content, etc.).
• Lead our Design and Web teams to ensure that our online content, presentation materials, collateral, and other assets are branded and positioned to effectively market, sell, implement, and support the product set.
• Ensure that business is conducted with integrity at-all-times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS policies, procedures, and core competencies.
• Monitor programs, procedures and metrics to ensure on-time delivery and overall customer satisfaction.
• Establish and maintain a budget, staying within spending parameters and making recommendations that prioritize high-value initiatives.
• Establish and maintain relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operation of the department including reporting on performance metrics and results to the Executive Team.
• Define, analyze and implement KPIs that inform the success of the Creative Services team strategies.
• Develop and manages to the annual metrics and goals for the team.
• Devise and present quarterly executive business reviews on certain aspects of the overall operation.
• Partnering with Brand, Product Marketing and senior leadership, develop content strategies across various audiences including prospective and existing customers, analysts, thought leaders, the media and the general public.
• Provide leadership in messaging development, corporate positioning and analyst communications.
• Provide content development support for key executive spokespeople.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate a sense of urgency and take initiative when appropriate.
• Maintain flexibility and react to change appropriately and with adaptability.
• Receive and take action on feedback for continual professional improvement and development.
• Take measures to enhance body of knowledge and skill set through training.
• Other duties assigned.
• Minimum of 10 years corporate marketing or agency experience;
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing staff of 5+ people.
• At least 2 years of experience managing Managers.
• B2B technology experience preferred.
• Previous experience within the Human Capital Management technology space extremely desirable.
• Experience managing marketing communications within a high-growth, fast-paced business climate
• Strong ability hire, motivate, and lead people leaders and create a high-performance team culture.
• Solid presentation and “managing up” skills; this person will be sharing periodic operational updates with executive-level leadership team members.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent budget and project management skills
• Ability to lead internal and external teams and provide cross-functional leadership including guidance on changing priorities.
• Experience with the MS Office Suite and MS Outlook required.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Articulates thoughts and ideas clearly, concisely, and persuasively.
• Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment that is experiencing high growth.
• A self-starter who takes the initiative, someone who can proactively identify issues/opportunities and recommend solutions.
• Demonstrated customer service orientation.