The Times Record News is looking for a full-time Press Operator I to assist with daily production.
The work includes preparing the presses for production, operating the presses or any of their components, cleaning the presses and the pressroom, maintaining the mechanical readiness of the presses, and other duties as assigned.
Every member of the pressroom staff constantly strives to achieve the following goals, and the contribution of every press operator is necessary for success:
• Optimum quality of printed products.
• Observance of all scheduled start and stop times.
• Conservation of material resources, especially newsprint.
• A clean and safe working environment.
• This position requires a high school education or equivalent. Experience in web offset printing is desirable, although production experience of any kind may be helpful. Mechanical ability and familiarity with computers is preferred.
• Candidates should have the ability to adapt to change, prioritize work, handle multiple tasks, remain flexible and interact with people while demonstrating patience. You must be able to lift/carry up to 100 pounds. Must be able to push/pull up to 2000 pounds.
• A press operator spends most working hours on his/her feet. In addition to long periods of standing, a press operator is required to climb stairs on the multi-level press structure. Operators engaged in press maintenance and some cleaning activities will be required to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. They often work in confined areas. Color vision is required.
• This position is full-time shift work, which may include scheduled nights, weekends, and holidays.