Job ID 678573BR
At Disney ABC/Television Group, you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills….
ABC Studios Legal Affairs seeks a Clearance Specialist who will be responsible for analyzes research, provides support and counsels production on a variety of legal matters. Resolves legal questions using independent judgment and may call upon an attorney for additional input on especially complex matters.
• Analyzes scripts and research reports, provides support and counsels production on a variety of legal matters. Resolves legal questions in connection with the use of copyrights/trademarks, using independent judgment and may call upon an attorney for additional input on especially complex matters.
• Responsible for negotiating and obtaining a variety of production agreements including but not limited to rights clearances (clip licensing, material release etc.) for all programming content.
• Ensures that all production agreements falling under their purview are in compliance with legal, financial, risk management and administrative requirements.
• Works closely with production attorneys, production and studio executives.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience handling clearances, location and other production related agreements; television experience preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-starter with ability to handle multiple, high priority tasks.
• Precise attention to detail.
• Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Education :
• JD preferred, but not required.