The Creative Services Editor/Producer position focuses on craft editing, compositing for on-air promotions, creating content for social media, and working with acquired and CNN original long form material derived from various programming formats. The Creative Services Editor/Producer incorporates a visually compelling approach to editing and producing while incorporating and adhering to defined editorial and journalistic standards. The position requires strong After Effects compositing and graphic creations skills, color correction, basic audio sweetening, video conversion, archiving, and outputting content for air.
• Complex and creative promotional content
• Long-form documentary and program post production
• News production editing
• Stylized program elements (show opens, elements and teases)
• Collaboration on scripting, story development, producing and fact-checking
• Producing and creating visual elements (video and graphical)
• Distinctive storytelling
• Metadata requirements
• The Creative Services Editor/Producer fulfills these responsibilities by utilizing demonstrable technical, editorial and creative expertise in editing, producing, design and compositing skills, and visual effects
• Assignments will be completed under traditional news production deadlines, requiring flexibility with schedule/working hours
• Training and Skill Enhancement: Continuous skill development on existing production platforms and training in the proficient use of emerging technology is expected
• This will be accomplished through on-line training resources and company sponsored training, as well as utilizing external vendors when specialized training is required
• Collaborative Partnership: There is an expectation of partner and peer collaboration regarding production projects and responsibilities (attending show meetings, story generation, scripting enhancements, video research and involvement with department workgroups focusing on improving workflows and communication).
• Equivalent of 5 years of experience in a professional news or sports environment, proven editorial judgment, 3 years of demonstrated technical and creative expertise in editing and producing
• Experience with Show Open and Promotional work including design and compositing skills
• Desirable experience includes: Familiarity with existing Creative Services tools: including but not limited to the Adobe Creative Suite with an emphasis on After Effects and visual effects plug-ins such as Sapphire, Boris, Red Giant, and others
• Bachelor's degree (typically in Liberal Arts such as journalism, technical production, English, political science, history or similar course work) or relevant professional work experience.
• An interest and proficiency in the end-to-end video production workflow, including technical skill development/enhancements, traditional editorial based functions from story pitching, field production, scripting, as well as managing and adapting to the continually developing technologies driving the industry