Job ID 2019-8015
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Employee is responsible for working across the RED MUSIC artist roster, developing strategies and implement high impact one-of-a-kind campaigns focused on artist development with an emphasis on streaming. Employee will act as a central marketing point on multiple concurrent pop and urban projects from initial conception through album cycles as well as maintaining off cycle artist social media and digital presence.
• Work with artists, management and label colleagues to devise and implement innovative, attainable and successful digital strategies.
• Participate in marketing brainstorming sessions and artist/manager/RED MUSIC staff meetings.
• Liaise with Product Managers and internal resources to write marketing plans and create content calendars and assets across multiple platforms to support artist development.
• Create artist visual branding including social skins and website landing pages.
• Proactively recommend creative campaign ideas and optimization and best practices recommendations for your roster of projects.
• Participate in social fan conversations surrounding artists through leadership of social media monitoring, response and reporting.
• Plan, execute, and optimize all advertising spends related to the project. Manage budgets and report advertising stats to all departments.
• Manage agencies and RED MUSIC marketing services to build compelling social media and interactive experiences that build fan loyalty, drive traffic and support sales.
• Create and execute strategies to increase artist marketing databases (CRM).
• Develop and nurture relationships with relevant partners (i.e. social media outlets, blogs, influencers, curators, etc.) to secure coverage for artists and round out overall marketing efforts.
• Engage with account base/Sales team from an editorial, social, and campaign driven standpoint.
• Create and distribute marketing plans/reports.
• Analyze radio, sales, and consumer response data to make informed marketing decisions.
• 3+ Experience in the music industry / digital marketing.
• Strong interest in online marketing and technology.
• Knowledge and ability to balance music marketing savvy with attention to detail, follow up and execution on a multiple project level.
• Expert in social communication and working with digital platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, YouTube, etc.