Shed Media U.S. boasts a prolific and diversified line-up of programs that range from character-driven docu-soaps to transformation formats to serial arc competition elimination. Among their productions are, “The Real Housewives of New York,”, “Hollywood Exes, “Basketball Wives”.
Posting Job Description
What part will you play?
We are seeking a Director, Business & Legal Affairs to join Shed Media’s Legal team. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Negotiates and drafts on-camera participant and above-the-line agreements with agents and entertainment attorneys.
• Negotiates and drafts other deal memos, agreements and short form contracts including location agreements, music licenses, tradeout agreements, etc.
• Views numerous cuts of Shed shows and vets for legal issues, ensuring that the content does not violate any laws or otherwise expose Shed to risk (copyright, torts, and so on).
• Participates in the negotiation of development deals, production services agreements and network licenses.
• Provides day-to-day and on-call services to identify and address any legal and business issues that may arise during production of individual unscripted programs.
• Liaise between the various networks and Shed on a variety of production matters, including risk management, diligence matters for shows in pre-production or production including reviewing backgrounds with the network and reaching out to cast and crew to address any red flags.
• Negotiates and modifies composer agreements and music licenses. Maintains database summary of music licenses with various music publishers and record labels.
What do we require from you?
• Minimum of 3 years production legal experience.
• Minimum of 2 years business affairs experience, preferably at a studio or production company.
• Strong knowledge of copyright/trademark laws and rights of publicity and personality.
Bonus points for?
• Unscripted television experience.