THE DIVISION’S STORY
Here in Corporate Communications, we believe in the importance of personal touch, and we value every consumer and their experience with us equally. We are the wordsmiths, problem solvers and occasional fire wardens of our industry, charged with finding the right platform for the right story. Through our tenacity, charm and ability to work collaboratively, we play a defining role in influencing how our viewers, product consumers and employees perceive and interact with the A+E Networks brand.
THE ROLE: Publicity Assistant
• Provide administrative support to the SVP of Publicity for A&E and HISTORY and entire publicity team as needed with scheduling meetings, phone calls, expense reports, travel, etc.
• Manage A&E and HISTORY publicity budget, process and record department invoices, as well as liaise with external vendors and coordinate timely payments.
• Coordinate and maintain press website and all network and series assets.
• Coordinate talent travel and itineraries for press appearances and events including TCA panels, Upfront events, screenings, etc.
• Maintain department calendar.
• Ordering and organization of office supplies.
• Assist with execution of network events and panels.
• Handle confidential and proprietary information with discretion.
What You'll Learn:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to be submerged in the world of entertainment public relations and to receive vital hands-on experience of assisting in publicizing television shows and movies. You will develop beneficial skills in communication, work ethic, interpersonal and more. Additionally, you will assist in facilitating the success of PR efforts and you will have the opportunity to grow in a supportive environment with a collaborative team.
• Bachelors degree
• Minimum 1-year experience/internship in an office environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
• Ability to work under tight deadlines across multiple projects
• Demonstrate experience in problem solving and managing high-level critical situations
• Strong time management, organizational skills and attention to detail is must
• Impeccable writing, presentation and phone skills
• Demonstrated ability to work well on a team
• Strong verbal and written communication skills a must
• Able to adapt quickly to new and challenging situations
• Ability to pick up projects with little notice and assist team members as needed
• General understanding of social media integrations
• It is essential that this person is able to handle a wide range of duties and exhibits personal initiative, organization and maturity.
• Must be able to handle a large volume of tasks and prioritize accurately and quickly
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you’ve read this far, you’re likely a great fit for us…and maybe you’re fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we’d love to hear about it in your cover letter.