Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KHGI-TV/KFXL-TV is seeking a Master Control Operator / Broadcast Engineer.
The ideal candidate must be versatile and capable of learning specialized software applications and have an aptitude for operating electronic equipment. You must have great attention to detail, excellent computer skills, responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting. This includes server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, news room computer systems, data networks, and broadcast transmission equipment. and must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Master Control operations including setting up, controlling and monitoring television broadcast equipment to transmit television programs and commercials to the viewing audience. Generally, scheduled 1 day per week, fill in for vacation / sick
• On-air switching, dubbing and transferring programs
• Gathering satellite feeds for broadcast use
• Preparation and operation of equipment (before, during and after live newscasts)
• Support the production of newscasts and other live or taped programming for television and multi-platform use
• Support operation of the station by assisting Engineering, News, and other departments
• Other Master Control duties as assigned
• Provide the engineering design and assist with the building and installation of electronic systems/equipment as assigned, Generally 4 days per week.
• Maintain and repair transmitters (TV, Microwave, Fiber, satellite, etc.), receivers, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, video tape systems, routers, automation/editing systems, intercoms, two-way radios, monitors and display systems
• Provide budget information to support the implementation of new systems
• Provide technical support to operational users
• Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required
• Provide specific engineering signal flow diagrams for documentation on all work performed on technical systems
• Perform all technical work to engineering standards and practices
• Other Engineering duties may be assigned
Experience, Qualifications and Requirements:
• Previous experience as a Master Control Operator or related experience is preferred
• Must be a self-starter
• The ability to work efficiently without direct supervision
• Be able to work effectively with other departments receiving and communicating instructions via telephone or in person
• Be able to read and understand technical materials
• Able to set priorities under pressure of deadlines
• Able to concentrate for long periods of time
• Hold a valid driver's license with a good driving record
• Must be able to obtain DOT Medical card for Towing Trailers
• Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes, including extended hours, weekends, and evenings
• Associates degree (AA) in electronics is preferred
• Broadcast experience is preferred